Friday, July 12, 2013

Leonard Has a Revelation

Being condemned to wearing my glasses for the next week, I'm already planning on not going out and being social.  I really don't like wearing  my glasses in public.  It's not a fashion thing (although I'm sure that's part of it); I don't see as well with my glasses (versus my contacts).  In fact, no one does because of the distance between the lens and your eye.  But I digress.

Refusing to be social got me thinking -- I'm not really that social in my "free" time anyway.  I don't go to knit nights, I rarely go to movie nights, and I can hear people asking "Why?   You do many things in front of people all of the time.  That doesn't make any sense."

And it's true.  All of my jobs -- teacher, actor, interpreter -- are very social, performative acts.  I "perform" in some capacity on a daily basis.  And then it hit me.  That's why I don't really socialize in my off time.  Because I'm already doing it the other 75-90% of the time.  Sometimes I just want to sit at home and knit and brood while wearing my glasses and no bra. 





So there ya go.  Despite the fact that I'm very outgoing when you might see me, the rest of the time I curl up in a ball at home.  It's hard being this fabulous all of the time; sometimes I need to take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment