Monday, June 3, 2013

Your Lotion Smells Like Poo

The new blog's first Strongly Worded Letter (SWL).  It's not my best work since I wasn't frothing at the mouth when I wrote it, but the hippie organic company deserves to know why they will no longer be getting my (non-hippie) money.
Dear Avalon Organics,
I have been a faithful user of your Peppermint Body Lotion for five years now.  Recently, I’ve noticed significant differences in the product; namely in its texture, consistency, fragrance, and overall effectiveness.  For example, the lotion now just sits on top of my skin, rather than being absorbed.  Its consistency is thinner, and worse, after attempting to use your product,  my skin just ends up feeling sticky and rather gross, rather than moisturized.  When I’m done attempting to use the lotion, the fragrance has changed as well.  It no longer smells like peppermint, but something else entirely unpleasant.
I compared the list of ingredients from an “old” bottle which still worked and one of the “new” bottles; the only change I can find is that you’ve now started using safflower seed oil (Carthamus Tinctorius) instead of sunflower seed oil (Helianthus annuus).  As you can see from the list above, this one small change has made a large (negative) impact in the effectiveness of your product.
Until such time as you change your formula back to the original, I am afraid my family and I will have to purchase lotion from another company.
Sincerely,
Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment