Friday, June 7, 2013

Say What??

It's hell week/opening weekend, kittens, which means I'm tired as all fuck.  The posts are going to slow down a bit as I open this wonderful, beautiful, surprisingly difficult, 90-minute show.  In the mean time, here are some lovely out-of-context quotations we like to call "Overheard at Rehearsal."

  • "I'm not gonna tap dance for you!"
  • "I think this might be a little 'Mrs. Garrett.'"
  • "Do you think we're going to extend?"
    • "Most of the audience will be filled with little old ladies hoping to see the nudity."
    • "I'm not going to be naked."
    • "I thought you were going to be naked?  I was promised nudity!"
    • "He's just wearing shorts; Paul is going to be naked."
    • "Speaking of extensions..."
  •  "Can we fold the napkins differently?  Unless, of course, it's offensive to your delicate sensibilities."
  • Director:  "Is it really 10:28?  That can't be right."
    • Me:  "Well, you talk a lot."
  • "'Mensch' was yesterday's word of the day." 
  • "The higher the hair, the closer to God!"
  • "If you have to cough, just take a drink of water and let it drop through your balls.

And, of course, one last one from my Unit just this morning, words of wisdom for us all:

"Don't go to work with your hair like that.  You'll be fired." 

No comments:

Post a Comment