Monday, January 20, 2014

Inappropriate Eva

Twice in the past 48 hours, I have had thoughts that have come out as lyrics from Andrew Lloyd Weber's Evita.

First, I was making and then eating a steak.  Leonard loves steak.  It wasn't a great steak; meaning, we usually buy delicious, flavorful grassfed beef, and this was plain ol' Angus beef.  But I was desperate for red meat and iron, so I ate it anyway because you're flesh, you are meat, you shall have every breath in my body.

What the -- ???

Then I was explaining to a friend that he could call rather than text, but when it comes to unknown numbers showing up we don't always answer the phone.

It may not seem like a big deal to you, but
  1. These were full-on sung lyrics, complete with Mandy Patinkin styling in my head
  2. The second bit is from "Goodnight and Thank You" which chronicles young Eva Duarte's string of lovers as she sleeps her way to and through success.
I haven't listened to Evita (or any show tunes) in months, but apparently it's in my head anyway, waiting, watching, ever vigilant, striking when I least expect it.

Tiny Evita is mocking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment