Sunday, April 10, 2016

STND by NYX

Dear Nyx:

I received your "Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick" last month via ipsy.  And holy fluorescent lips, Batman!  You must have named the shade "Pink Lust" because "Neon Highlighter Pink" just didn't have the same ring to it.  As I stated in my original review, even I (as an actor) have no use for NEON FUCKING PINK lipstick.

And then I thought Maybe I should try it in case I like the formula?  They do have other shades available.  So I did.  And it was still FUCKING NEON.  The "liquid suede cream" did feel nice, though, so I put another, much darker shade of lipstick over it.  The two made an interesting combination, and I went about my business as punk-rock-bartender for a show.

I was, at first, pleasantly surprised when the show was over, and I hadn't eaten off all of my lipstick.  Cool!  Then I got home and washed off my make-up before bed.  Or at least, tried to.  My lips were still bright pink, despite practically scrubbing them raw.

The next morning my lips were still stained pink.  In total, it took sixteen hours, washing my face three times with three different cleansers, and then exfoliating my fucking lips before I was able to remove 99.9% of the hot pink remnants.

I like a comfortable, long-lasting lipstick as much as the next person, but I cannot foresee an instance where I need my lip color to last for almost twenty-four hours.  Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any "liquid suede" in the future, no matter the shade.

Before the Lip Stain Incident of 2016, Leonard had considered giving this one to a drag queen friend (maybe she has use for such a color?), but even I'm not that mean.  I will, however, hold onto it in case all of my highlighters mysteriously dry up the next time I need to mark my lines in a script.  Or I need to write something down that I don't want to ever fucking fade away EVER.

Actual color, but not Leonard's actual lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment